Sirrus Inc. develops and manufactures unique methylene malonate monomers and reactive polymers for next generation coatings, adhesives, sealants and composites. We use our patented technology to produce methylene malonates that can be readily polymerized at ambient temperature without the need for strong bases or unstable radical initiators. We partner with R&D teams that supply materials for the automotive, electronics, aerospace and consumer goods industries to deliver sustainable products with enhanced energy efficiency, safety and performance. Sirrus Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nippon Shokubai, a global leader in acrylates, specialty monomers, functional polymers and catalysts.
- Plan and conduct experiments in our Applications Development Laboratory with the aim to develop new industrial uses for methylene malonates.
- Communicate with internal and external partners to translate their application requirements into performance requirements for our products.
- Prepare and present results of their work to internal and external partners.
- Assist in development of technical data sheets, technical bulletins and other technical literature.
- Create and maintain lab records according to company policy.
- Maintain a well-organized laboratory working space and chemical inventory for the lab.
- Strictly adhere to laboratory safety rules and assist with laboratory safety improvements.
- Operate the following equipment: FTIR, UV-vis, TGA, DSC, DMA, tensometer, optical microscope, rheometer and viscometers.
- Run basic chemical analyses including NMR and GPC, and submit requests for other analyses.
- Minimum bachelor’s level degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or Chemical Engineering.
- One to five years of industry experience in commercialization of new chemicals for industrial applications in the Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants or chemical intermediate markets.
- Experience formulating high solids products (1K and 2K) using reactive materials.
- Experience writing technical reports. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to function in a diverse work environment.
Sirrus offers a full benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, LTD, FSA and a mature vacation policy.
Sirrus Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.