Sirrus Inc. develops and supplies unique chemical building blocks for the next generation of high-performance coatings, adhesives, sealants and composites. Our patented technology focuses on methylene malonate monomers and oligomeric crosslinkers that can polymerize anionically at ambient temperatures. Sirrus works with development partners in the automotive, electronics, packaging and consumer goods industries to deliver sustainable products that will enhance energy efficiency, safety and performance. Sirrus Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nippon Shokubai, a global chemical company and leading supplier of acrylates, specialty monomers, functional polymers and catalysts.
Sirrus is seeking an individual to lead application development efforts to advance the commercial goals of Sirrus through market development and commercialization of our novel functional materials. We are seeking individuals with the following qualifications:
- Ten-plus years successful application development experience in the chemical industry.
- Experience developing new applications for monomers and oligomers.
- Strong fundamental understanding of formulating reactive materials and their polymerization processes.
- Experience with applications in the following markets is desirable:
- Chemical intermediates
- Formulated industrial products
- Strong communication skills.
- Develop commercial applications for Sirrus materials in target markets.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to Application Development staff.
- Work closely with Sales and customers to identify and validate opportunities, initiate projects, and move them through the customer’s development and commercialization process.
- Lead and participate in internal proof of concept development efforts.
- Develop technical data sheets and technical literature.
- Collaborate with all scientists within R&D and provide analytical support.
- Assist in customer communication and support.
- Manage application development and thermal analysis lab facilities.
- Work with IP counsel to properly document all Sirrus inventions.
Sirrus offers a full benefits package and a mature vacation policy.
Sirrus Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.