Sirrus Inc. develops and supplies unique chemical building blocks for the next generation of high performance coatings, adhesives, sealants and composites. Our patented technology focuses on methylene malonate monomers and oligomeric crosslinkers that can polymerize anionically at ambient temperatures. Sirrus works with development partners in the automotive, electronics, packaging and consumer goods industries to deliver sustainable products that will enhance energy efficiency, safety and performance. Sirrus Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nippon Shokubai, a global chemical company and leading supplier of acrylates, specialty monomers, functional polymers and catalysts.
An Engineering Tech – Mechanical is responsible for keeping the company’s capital assets in good order through maintenance and support. This role provides a first line of support for maintenance and troubleshooting and coordinates external suppliers for specialty maintenance and repairs. This role will also develop and maintain preventative maintenance plans. This role supports all Sirrus facilities, with primary work in the laboratories. In between routine and immediate maintenance and repair work, an Engineering Tech -Mechanical will support ongoing laboratory experiments and laboratory operations with support and guidance from applicable research scientist or process operator.
- First point of contact to address unexpected maintenance issues in laboratories and overall facilities.
- Coordinate and manage external resources when more in-depth or specialty maintenance support is required. This includes communicating to the effected departments on updates and impacts to regular work.
- Owns and manages the planned maintenance (PM) for the site. This includes work done by the engineering department as well as scheduling, managing and tracking outside maintenance.
- Role model safe working conditions.
- Provide and support training via 1:1, group and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to share and elevate best practices of equipment usage.
- Flexibility needed to be on call or onsite for evening or weekends.
- Some travel may be involved (<5%) – supplier visits and attend trainings
- Mechanical Knack – this is hands-on role requiring a strong aptitude and interest in mechanical equipment. An interest in how things work and ability to service and repair equipment such as boilers, pumps, valves and piping is essential.
- Self-leadership and the ability to work independently. This includes managing external contractors and service representatives for service calls and regular maintenance visits.
- Strong communication skills to understand needs from different functions in the organization (chemists, operators, engineers) with effective and timely communication to managers on issue resolution.
- Organizational skills to develop, monitor and maintain maintenance plans and service contracts.
- Problem solving skills to address unexpected breakdowns or process issues
- Experience with continuous improvement and lean manufacturing systems such as 5S, 6-sigma and kaizens is preferred and will be learned or improved on the job.
- Experience with quality systems such as good manufacturing practice (GMP) is preferred and will be learned or improved on the job.
- OSHA and other relevant safety training in an industrial or chemical application is beneficial.
- Education: Prefer minimum 2-year technical training/associates degree or 5 years minimum relevant work experience.
Job type: Full-time
- Sirrus offers a full benefits package Benefits which includes Medical, Dental, Vision,
- 401k with match, LTD, FSA’s. and a mature vacation policy.
- Sirrus Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com.