MALONATES MAKE GREAT PRODUCTS
With your formulation expertise and our portfolio of methylene malonate monomers and oligomers, you can take the performance of your products to the next level. Sirrus has performed extensive testing on compatible formulation ingredients, giving you broad latitude to formulate new or improved coatings, adhesives and sealants.
WHY USE MALONATES?
Methylene malonate monomer technology offers a unique set of attributes that together can impart physical property advantages to your coating and adhesive formulations. These attributes include:
- Controlled, living anionic polymerization in commercially viable processes, enabling the production of polymers with narrow, controlled molecular weight distributions as well as block and hyperbranched structures.
- Broad range of functionality.
- UV, heat and oxidation stability.
- Low monomer viscosity, resulting in reduced solvent requirements in formulated products.
Because of their versatility, methylene malonate monomers have shown potential in a wide variety of applications, such as:
- One- and two-component clear coatings for automotive and industrial use
- Adhesives for packaging and industrial use
- Waterborne coatings and adhesives
- Pressure-sensitive adhesives
- Encapsulated pigments
- Polymer additives
- Composite binders