Sirrus Inc. develops and supplies unique chemical building blocks for the next generation of high performance coatings, adhesives, sealants and composites. Our patented technology focuses on methylene malonate monomers and oligomeric crosslinkers that can polymerize anionically at ambient temperatures. Sirrus works with development partners in the automotive, electronics, packaging and consumer goods industries to deliver sustainable products that will enhance energy efficiency, safety and performance. Sirrus Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nippon Shokubai, a global chemical company and leading supplier of acrylates, specialty monomers, functional polymers and catalysts. For more information, visit www.sirruschemistry.com.
- Lab scale synthesis of monomers and oligomers based on 1,1-disubstituted alkenes.
- Operating of lab scale wiped film evaporator and filtration equipment.
- Maintaining a clean and well-organized lab space.
- Working using safe work practices and active participation in improving laboratory safety.
- Performing analytical measurements and sample preparation for: NMR, GC, HPLC, GPC, and other methods as directed.
- Creating and maintaining lab records according to company policy.
- Reviewing lab consumables inventory and placing orders for needed lab equipment.
- Assisting in activities as determined by senior chemists and project leads.
- Bachelor’s or better degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience working in a chemical lab as part of degree requirements or through prior work experience.
- Experience writing technical reports & proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to allow the candidate to function in a diverse work environment with rapidly changing needs.
Job type: Full-time.
Sirrus offers a full benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision,
401k with match, LTD, FSA’s. and a mature vacation policy.
Sirrus Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.